Apex ATO Issue

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it up and running for 6+ months now. However, twice now the ATO has switched itself from auto to OFF in that 6 month time period. Luckily i've been home when this happens and can hear the increased noise level from the water level dropping in the sump. I should also note, each time the sump low water sensor read OPEN when it shut itself off so it isn't a dirty sensor. I clean them every week.

My code:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_H OPEN Then ON
If ATK_L CLOSED Then OFF
If ROLow OPEN Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 120:00 Then OFF

The last time it happened. I stood by my reservoir and kicked it on manually. The pump turned on for about 5 seconds then shut off. Took the pump out. It looked fine. Put it back in turned it back on and it worked just fine. Maybe it sucked in air some how? My Reservoir is 55 gallons and I always fill it back up when it gets to the halfway point so it never even comes close to running dry.

Just wondering if any long term users have run into it shutting itself off from auto mode.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The line ”When On > 005:00 Then OFF” is a special command. If the pump runs for more than 5 minutes it switches it from AUTO to OFF and needs to be manually reset.

It is used as a safety in case your water level sensor gets stuck it will stop the pump from running indefinitely. If your evaporation rate is such that your pump might normally run for more than 5 minutes then you should probably raise that number to 7 or 10.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also add a line to your EmailAlert outlet so that you get an immediate notification if the When command turns your outlet off. Assuming your ATO outlet is called ATOPump, use the code below.

If Error ATOPump Then ON

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 202 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back