Apex Autofeeder

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex Autofeeder has recently stopped working. If I plug it in it will flash orange a few times and then settle on solid green just as it always has. It shows up in fusion, but when running any of the feeding programs it wont go. Even if I try manually turning it on it wont go. My guess is the motor has fried, but everything else still functions normally, which is why it displays as normal in fusion. Any thoughts? Is it possible to replace the motor?

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disassembled the AFS last night and the gears rotate and don't seem to be sticking at all. It really just seems like the motor is not kicking on. I will try and update the firmware this evening. Was going to do it last night, but it was getting late, and didn't want to open that can of worms at 10:00 at night.

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. Waiting to hear back. May disassemble again tonight and see if I can find any information on the motor and try to replace it.

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. Waiting to hear back. May disassemble again tonight and see if I can find any information on the motor and try to replace it.

Any luck? I just got one used and it won't do anything when I try to run it. So hopefully you found a way to get it to work? Thanks,
--Kyle

OP
OP
spartanman22

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent it into apex to fix. The motor was dead and they replaced it. I think I was charged $45 for the repair.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back