Apex - Can I tell the otal time running for an outlet.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Ato pump that has turned on and off over 700 times today. I want to determine the rate of evaporation, kalk dosing, etc. Is there a way to determine the total time the outlet ran for the day instead of going through the history and counting the time?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex does not have any math functions, so the only option is to add up the times from looking at the Output Log.

However, you can make this process a lot easier, and also reduce the wear and tear on your ATO pump if you reduce the frequency of when it runs. Instead of turning on 700 times for probably only a second or two, force it to wait 1 hour in between refills and it will run for a minute or so. This is standard on Neptune’s ATK.

Add this line of code to your ATO pump’s output program:

Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

This forces it to remain off for 1 hour, even if the water sensor thinks it should turn on. You’ll greatly extend the life of the pump this way.

Be sure the Log checkbox is enabled in the output settings. After a full day, go into the Output Log and scroll through to find each of the 48 entries for the pump, one when it turns on, and one when it turns off. From this you can add up the total run time for the day.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex does not have any math functions, so the only option is to add up the times from looking at the Output Log.

However, you can make this process a lot easier, and also reduce the wear and tear on your ATO pump if you reduce the frequency of when it runs. Instead of turning on 700 times for probably only a second or two, force it to wait 1 hour in between refills and it will run for a minute or so. This is standard on Neptune’s ATK.

Add this line of code to your ATO pump’s output program:

Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

This forces it to remain off for 1 hour, even if the water sensor thinks it should turn on. You’ll greatly extend the life of the pump this way.

Be sure the Log checkbox is enabled in the output settings. After a full day, go into the Output Log and scroll through to find each of the 48 entries for the pump, one when it turns on, and one when it turns off. From this you can add up the total run time for the day.

Appreciate the response. I hope they will implement this feature in future updates as I can see a great value in this feature. Seems like it would be a great addition to the min, max, and average amounts. Could add a total as well.

Screenshot_20220112-092015_APEX Fusion.jpg

Also, I should clarify. It doesn't turn on 700 times. That is the total of on and off. So maybe 300+ times a day it turns on. Sometimes it is on for minutes, not seconds. I have to keep my pump running this way. I have a lot of evaporation and my ATO is more than just RODI. It is dumping a bunch of kalk in to keep my pH elevated and keep the demand up. It running this way has worked well for my system.

I am using the 50ml a min BRS doser and it would be easy to figure out how much volume I am dumping into the tank by the total time running.

Thanks again for your help and maybe we will see this handy feature in future updates.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back