Apex Classic Acting Suspicious...

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title implies, as of the last couple monthes i've been noticing my Apex spontaneously restarting itself. I thought the first time was a fluke as would most. Ive gone into the settings to see if anything has changed. which it doesn't appear to have since i first got this up and running several years ago on my 17 Gallon tank. There it had no hiccups what so ever aside from the occasional disconnection from Fusion, which im suspecting that to be an error with the router or my ISP not the Apex. Which brings me to this morning, since ive been in the room with my tank since its "sunrise" its done this twice! My DSL internet here isn't the greatest, and i used to have cable (long story there lol) but could shotty internet be somehow causing the apex to restart itself? i suppose i'm stating that to side track the harsh reality that it may just be getting old... I bought it second hand off a local reefer years back. i cant even tell you when it was either because i bought it without even having a tank. I knew once i got to a point in life where i could have a tank again (i traveled a LOT for working with the PGA and NBC sports) i would use it. Like i said i've had it running flawlessly on my 17 gallon nano for 2.5 yrs... and now im almost 9 months into my new tank. It actually just reset itself again whilst im typing this, so thats 3 times in a matter of an hour... I know i've read some threads about these kinds of things happening, and i was hoping mine was immune, however i feel this isnt the case. It comes right back on after each reset, and is only off for maybe 5 seconds... but its becoming more frequent and im concerned one time, it wont come back on...

not sure what i'm looking for as far as advice goes here, i just thought i would share is all...

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive reconfigured how the aquabus cable going to the second EB 8. i had it plugged into the first EB 8 that was plugged into the main Aquaconroller module. The main module has only 2 ports for the aquabus and the display was occupying the other slot. i put the display into the EB 8 now. Hopefully this will help it, but it has been working in this config. for over 6 months no issue... So im not sure if thats the culprit. but at least its a start to a solution that doesnt mean buying a brand new one... hopefully. I know its not necessary to have for a tank, but man ive been spoiled with this thing for the last 3 years. lol

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same situation but i am going to troubleshoot it. I am more concerned that i have a suppressor that is restarting.

Here is my Amp graph were you can see the continuous restarting.

1565453199829.png

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex fusion isnt notifying me either that the Apex has been disconnected to fusion either. Occasionally the router will reset or something causing me to get the email alert that its been disconnected from Heartbeat. so thats also suspicious to me as well. I look in the power graph log and it shows theres been a 1 second disconnect however.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same situation but i am going to troubleshoot it. I am more concerned that i have a suppressor that is restarting.

Here is my Amp graph were you can see the continuous restarting.

Heres what mine look like... not similar at all, which is wild to me...
amp3log81019.jpg

amp4log 81019.jpg

its not even registering it on fusion like i stated earlier, but in my display unit it shows the 1 second disconnect on the power fail graph...

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps it could be an ISP/network related error then, causing the apex to think its been restarted? but i cant even reset the apex remotely from fusion. only when you goto net set up and hit restart manually does it go through this cycle... I do this everytime the Fusion heartbeat notifies me that its no longer connected. After I reset my router that the ethernet cable is running to the Aquacontroller to, i hit reset and it will re-establish the connection to Fusion. Weird..

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keeps running into an issue, and ive followed the instructions given. Ive done this before so its nothing new, but this result is. lights are now off, but all the pumps are still running...? so
firmup1.jpg
firmup2.jpg

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its retried sending the blocks a few times, and it progressively gets more, but its stuck at sending 47 of 120... so i may have an issue... great

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now were sending 49 of 120... so its inching along, which i suppose is a good sign. but it shouldnt go through the process of not finding the apex and restarting all the while.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex Classic started doing the same thing a few weeks ago, totally random. It NEVER did this before. Makes me wonder if they are pushing us to upgrade.
Yeah i see where your coming from. Its definitlely a tough call because im guessing when Neptune first made the first ever apex, they probably didnt forsee all the upgrades in networking and operating systems, and things of that nature. im no expert but i know a few things, and with technology progressing the old stuff just isnt up to par. hence why windows doesnt want you running vista anymore because the times have changed and updating the systems on older operating systems seems like a waste, because theres newer, faster, better stuff available . I dont necessarily point the finger at someone at neptune going on a spree of messing with our units, however somewhere in cyber world theres just a language barrier to speak when trying to communicate with tech from different eras... idk though im not an expert lol

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im at 68 now, so its definitly getting somewhere... i hope! if not im going to have to figure out something. ive already been jockying scenarios in my head on how i could get back up and running without this if it does fail. I have some APC 8 outlet surge protectors i could plug the necessary stuff into, but thats gonna be a pain... but im willing to do obviously if all else fails.

Back