Apex classic BNC repairable?

thefullgonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this used here on r2r. It had a orp probe on the second BNC connector. It is horribly corroded. Is it repairable?
IMG_5533.JPG

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with the apex but that BNC connector is likely replaceable if you can get into the box and aren’t afraid to solder if need be. You can find a replacement connector from digikey. Personally I’d open up the housing and see what the reverse side of the connector looks like.

DayMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on your location, you may be able to find an electrical repair shop near you that could easily repair for little cost. I am a service engineer in turning/ abrasive technologies and have to get machine controls repaired almost weekly. Any reputable repair shop will be more than capable of repairing and inspecting your device as well as give you a quote up front.
Search businesses with key words like machine/ control/ cnc/ repair.
Best luck to you

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boo to whoever sold that to you in that condition. Hope karma catches up with them down the road.

You could send it back to Neptune for repairs. They will let you know if it can be repaired economically. I wouldn't be surprised if there was corrosion on the inside also.

OP
OP
thefullgonzo

thefullgonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on your location, you may be able to find an electrical repair shop near you that could easily repair for little cost. I am a service engineer in turning/ abrasive technologies and have to get machine controls repaired almost weekly. Any reputable repair shop will be more than capable of repairing and inspecting your device as well as give you a quote up front.
Search businesses with key words like machine/ control/ cnc/ repair.
Best luck to you
I think I can replace it if I find a similar replacement part. It looks pretty straight forward.

OP
OP
thefullgonzo

thefullgonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boo to whoever sold that to you in that condition. Hope karma catches up with them down the road.

You could send it back to Neptune for repairs. They will let you know if it can be repaired economically. I wouldn't be surprised if there was corrosion on the inside also.
Yes there is a little corrosion inside but it's just around that particular BNC connector.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back