Apex Classic died today

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My display on Apex Classic died some time ago. As of today my brain will no longer connect to internet. The generic instruction to reconnect have failed. I can not access DCHP etc. on display to reset.

It there a better option to monitor out there?

I just want heater controller and doser controller (timed events) and monitoring pH.I think salinity and ORP are useless features. I feel bit trapped to get new one.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to say you could just buy the EL that has all of what you need and none of what you don’t for half the cost.... but looks like they discontinued it after being out for hardly a year?

Dude60415

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My classic just went 2 weeks ago. Went into the app and showed it wasn't connected. Did the usual stuff even a reset and its toast. I switched over to a inkbird and wifi outlets for the time being. Ordered a new brain as I have to much into it to not use the other apex stuff I have already.

You can order just the brain. There 2 versions and the el is cheaper and works more for what you want as you dont want conductivity and orp.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When mine died I ordered a new brain.

There are other options but ApexFusion seals the deal for me. It is the best software interface for a controller I have used. I can always use other people's hardware if I don't like what neptune has.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also have a classic and when it dies will either piece one together used or just bite the bullet on a new one. depends which option is available at the time.
they've been great about supporting the classic to this point but in reality it is discontinued and sooner than later will be outright obsolete anyway.
I agree with the above response as well, its tough to beat the interface and familiarity after years of running one.

OP
OP
Koigula

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Neptune EL is out of stock et full blown is everywhere is in local shops. Atleast I was not away. It is likely 10 years old. I really only need EL! Really kinda silly device without display or connectivity. Unplug-replug - mumble. try again.

I did have inkbird just in case, otherwise dosing pumps are off for the day so not too bad.

Less is definately more with these monitors. I would not really much on them past alerts.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Neptune EL is out of stock et full blown is everywhere is in local shops. Atleast I was not away. It is likely 10 years old. I really only need EL! Really kinda silly device without display or connectivity. Unplug-replug - mumble. try again.

I did have inkbird just in case, otherwise dosing pumps are off for the day so not too bad.

Less is definately more with these monitors. I would not really much on them past alerts.
i agree... i lean on mine to let me know things are running and to easily turn things off when doing service. however, as little as i rely on it i don't want to let it go either haha.

Dude60415

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got mines direct from them. Only took a few days.

OP
OP
Koigula

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got full one from LFS and EB 832 is DOA. That is two broken ones in two days. Breaker on back is not tripped.

I might buy direct the EL model. I feel stupid for dealing with LFS on this. It is 40 minutes each way to return it.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EL appears to be in stock at marine depot. As far as I know it’s just the special BRS bundle that’s discontinued.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bundle discontinued is correct. EL is the replacement for classic.
You can run a smart timer or obtain a used Classic system on R2R marketplace.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you access the old classic web interface to control it? It's been a long time, but I think I remember controlling my old Apex via my laptop computer with a direct ethernet connection and that it worked fine. Didn't need the interwebs back then except to check my aol email!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back