Apex classic to Apex EL and Trident

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas to me! I am upgrading from classic to EL with Trident :) Any tips on smoothly transitioning over? Any tips on Trident?

sharpimage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did exactly that. Super easy. It took about 20 minutes to set up the el, and about 30 for the trident.

The only area I got stuck is after you set your wifi to connect to the el to get the el on your wifi, it tells you to go into your internet explorer and type in a site. I had to manually add the https:// for it to work

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same switch to the apex EL a few weeks ago when i got my trident. I actually left my classic hooked up as i have too many things hooked up to it. I use the new apex to control the trident and use the alk readings on trident to control my Deltec calcium reactor. I have never had such a stable tank! Both apex's are on my same fusion account so that is a plus!

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same switch to the apex EL a few weeks ago when i got my trident. I actually left my classic hooked up as i have too many things hooked up to it. I use the new apex to control the trident and use the alk readings on trident to control my Deltec calcium reactor. I have never had such a stable tank! Both apex's are on my same fusion account so that is a plus!

I think this is what I am going to attempt to do now. Just leave everything as is but add the el and trident. How do you get both on the same account?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im literally about to pull the trigger on an el in hopes that next year ill pick up a trident. Is it a nice upgrade?

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
login in to your fusion account and under your user name in the upper right hand corner there is a drop down menu and you will see link apex. Just make sure when you name your new apex its not the same as your other one or you will have problems staying connected to both. I had apex in the beginning of both name and the classic kept disconnecting, i changed it and have had no issues. I like having both set up, kinda like a redundant system! The EL is a great upgrade especially when paired with a trident!

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the new apex and trident set up. I'm running both the classic and EL for now. Once I'm ready to set up dosing I will (maybe) start moving things. My husband has 2 weeks off around Christmas so may just wait until then so everything can get appropriately mounted and wire managed instead of hodge podge lol.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • D/C

Votes: 48 62.3%
  • Both

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 15.6%
Back