Apex comands

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if possible can anyone write some comands down for me for programming my new apex ?????? i think they are the same from controler to controler......like i want to run my light on the seasonal program with my apex...the manual says it should be like this
Fallback:OFF
Set:OFF
If Temp<RT+Then ON
If Temp<RT+0.4 Then ON
If Temp<RT+_0.4 Then ON

Not sure what each of these mean.....what does each line mean ??? maybe i can understand it better if i knew what each line means.....shouldnt there be an OFF in there????? can somebody please help me....my controler is comming in tomorrow and i wanna be able to understand what each line represents before i start messing with it.....so please help me

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this, once it gets in your hands it will be much easier. I did the same thing as you and was crazy confused. Once the unit got to me and I had a chance to play around with it, it becomes much clearer. Good luck and enjoy it!

OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks subie.......i sure hope so....i am scared to death right now....LOL...I have a AC Jr right now and it wasnt to bad but this monster sounds like i have to be a computer wiz just to plug it in

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The command you will need to use for your lights (if you want to base it off the seasonal charts) is the SUN command.

Here's a basic program for you to program the outlet controlling your lights

Fallback OFF
If SUN 000/000 Then ON

This will tell your lights to turn on at sunrise and off at sunset (based on the sunrise and sunset times somewhere in the caribbean).

The best guide for setting up your Apex that I have seen can be found here:
AquaController Apex - Reef Tank Automation

It's well worth the $5 donation.

CJ

OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i already have that ....the problem is nowhere does it say what line means what........would that comand be all i need to put in ????
Fallback OFF
If SUN 000/000 Then ON

Last edited:
OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could i get some people to write thier personal programs in this thread and explain what the programs do ?????a little info on what i want to do is....control my led's...i want the to run in the sun rise and sunset mode on the seasonal program with ramp up and ramp down in 2 hour times...like i want my blues to come on at 7am and ramp up to 100% by 9am and my whites to come on 10am and ramp up to 100% by 12pm...then i want them to ramp back down for 2 hours to the time of the seasonal schedule....not sure if its possable or not to follow the seasonal program and have the lights ramp up and down....

Last edited:

dallas reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont necessarily need programs just to get started. I too am trying to figure this out. I just got mine a few weeks ago. But only have the BASIC programmed.

dallas reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a heater program to shut off when my return pump is off.

Or feed pgm is on.

dallas reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessir. I have return off on feedA.

I just had a problem with the heater staying on when I enabled feedA. Which wasn't a good thing.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 169 73.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.4%
Back