Apex compatible LEDs

xtremethings

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of purchasing equipment for a new Reefer 350, but I hit a brick wall when I started looking into lighting and powerheads that will be fully compatible with an Apex controller.

I really wanted the Nero 5s, but I’m 99.9% sure that those aren’t compatible. I’m fairly sure the VorTechs and IceCap Gyres would work, but is there anything else out there?

As for lighting, my first choice would be the Radion XR15 G5’s with Hydra 26s coming in second. The problem is I can’t find any solid documentation indicating the Apex compatibility.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech stopped Apex compatibility with their G5 lighting, so that route would not work.

The WXM module that would communicate with Vortechs was also discontinued after that.

AI is a good approach if you want to maintain apex compatibility. There are also rumors about an Apex light fixture coming out eventually.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your first choice is the XR15s why does the apex compatibility mater?

OP
OP
X

xtremethings

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech stopped Apex compatibility with their G5 lighting, so that route would not work.

The WXM module that would communicate with Vortechs was also discontinued after that.

AI is a good approach if you want to maintain apex compatibility. There are also rumors about an Apex light fixture coming out eventually.
That’s promising news about the Hydras, but unfortunate about the Vortechs. I’m not considering the Neptune WAV or IceCap Gyre so maybe it’s just time to accept the fact that I may just end up with incompatible powerheads.

OP
OP
X

xtremethings

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your first choice is the XR15s why does the apex compatibility mater?
I could pretty much flip a coin on the Radions and Hydras since they seemed to equal out in the Pros and Cons. As for maintaining compatibility with the Apex, it would just be nice to have everything on one controller. The fact that I’m extremely limited on powerhead options will most likely mean the Apex compatibility thing will have to take a backseat.

OP
OP
X

xtremethings

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeders photon v2 is compatible
The Reefbreeders dropped off my list based on the mounting options and a couple other. Definitely staying away from hanging a light and the tank mount option just didn’t do it for me.

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s promising news about the Hydras, but unfortunate about the Vortechs. I’m not considering the Neptune WAV or IceCap Gyre so maybe it’s just time to accept the fact that I may just end up with incompatible powerheads.
The WMX module is still available at a number of outlets and if you want to run Vortechs. (I love mine) ;Shamefullyembarrased

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back