Apex control

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had problems with led plugged into energy bar 8?? I had my drivers plugged into and programmed to be totally off when light was not on. Well noticed lights would blink from time to time. Apparently it was getting bleed through onto outlet 3 because since I moved to 8 it has not happened.

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, its a known problem.. there are several threaeds that discuss this. (google APEX LEDS blinking) i have not ready through them all but saw them when looking up some other things regarding LEDS. APEX forums on their site have lots of info...

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking must be just enough bleed through to turn the drivers on then back off. Thanks

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a problem dedicated to the Apex or EB8. It's a known issues with the driver in general.

I just have mine ramped down to 0% and have them plugged into a regular power strip.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine going to 0 also, just thought would save a few $$$$$ if they were completely off. If you put them on 4 or 8 they don't blink. I guess the relay on 4 and 8 doesn't let them turn on.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm when I get a 2nd EB8 I'll try that.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine going to 0 also, just thought would save a few $$$$$ if they were completely off. If you put them on 4 or 8 they don't blink. I guess the relay on 4 and 8 doesn't let them turn on.
Not an expert but # 4 & 8 are different for use of higher Amp draw like MH and such i believe and that has something to do with it not blinking.
Bill

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outlets 4 and 8 are relays. The rest are electronic TRIAC outlets. NEVER plug low amp drawing devices into the TRIAC outlets that you want to actually turn on/off. The TRIAC outlets require more amp draw to actually tell the outlet that something is plugged into it. I had a brs dosing pump plugged in one and it never turned off and over dosed alk one time. Only use 4 or 8 relayed outlets for low amp drawing devices.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outlets 4 and 8 are relays. The rest are electronic TRIAC outlets. NEVER plug low amp drawing devices into the TRIAC outlets that you want to actually turn on/off. The TRIAC outlets require more amp draw to actually tell the outlet that something is plugged into it. I had a brs dosing pump plugged in one and it never turned off and over dosed alk one time. Only use 4 or 8 relayed outlets for low amp drawing devices.
Remembered something was different about 4 & 8 just had it reversed, My knowledge base on these matters stinks but no harm done. Thanks for the correct answer Rick/
Bill

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say you can fix the problem by adding a suppressor into 1,2,3,5,6, or 7. The triac acts like a plc with no load and will bleed enough voltage to power low amp draw items. That would be good to know from the start. Lesson learned!! No harm.

FishNFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. I'll be setting up an Apex very soon. I have a couple of DA RKE units and know all about those but never had an Apex until now. Should be interesting :bigsmile:

Back