Apex controlled powerhead recommendation

psumms

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
124
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all... So I run three MP40's controlled through a WXM Neptune Apex module. All works great. I have the pumps located in three corners of my peninsula tank. I want to add a fourth pump to the remaining corner, but I have only an inch (25mm) between the glass and a brick wall on that corner. Any recommendations for a nice quiet unit with a slim dry-side that could some how tie into the Apex controlled MP40's program (if that's even possible!).
 
The dry side magnet for the Neptune WAV is only 1/2" thick. I have one WAV and two Maxspect Gyres. I really like both models, though the Gyres require a separate module to integrate with Apex programming, so the WAV is a much simpler solution if you have an available 1Link port.
 
I have controlled Tunzes through Apex without control and the outside magnet is rather thin on them.
 
Is it possible to sync two MP40’s and two WAV’s? I don’t see how it can be...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new