Apex controller or other systems ?

Sharkbait whohaha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in and out of the hobby for over 20 years and have never used a controller for any of my tanks. I was wondering what was all out there, what they all do, and what is the best bang for your buck on them.

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in and out of the hobby for over 20 years and have never used a controller for any of my tanks. I was wondering what was all out there, what they all do, and what is the best bang for your buck on them.
I can't operate a tank without a controller! What you can do with them is endless - you get rid of all those timers, auto water changes, monitoring parameters + monitor tank away from home, you don't have to touch any outlets when doing water changes. The options are endless, but MONITORING is #1 for me. The investment is worth it.

I'm using the apex - classic on one tank & new apex on the other. There's also profilux, cerebra, & archon/RKL from digital aquatics. They all have their +/-.

OP
OP
Sharkbait whohaha

Sharkbait whohaha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't operate a tank without a controller! What you can do with them is endless - you get rid of all those timers, auto water changes, monitoring parameters + monitor tank away from home, you don't have to touch any outlets when doing water changes. The options are endless, but MONITORING is #1 for me. The investment is worth it.

I'm using the apex - classic on one tank & new apex on the other. There's also profilux, cerebra, & archon/RKL from digital aquatics. They all have their +/-.

Thanks for the info.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought my 1st Controller and I went with the Apex classic and hooked up a Netgear WIFI box to it. Here is a few photos of my control board and cabinet! I am still making some adjustments since I installed last night but if I were you I would go with the Apex 2106 or the Classic.

IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

OP
OP
Sharkbait whohaha

Sharkbait whohaha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought my 1st Controller and I went with the Apex classic and hooked up a Netgear WIFI box to it. Here is a few photos of my control board and cabinet! I am still making some adjustments since I installed last night but if I were you I would go with the Apex 2106 or the Classic.

IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

Thanks. Looks nice.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back