Apex controlling 3rd party devices

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After contemplating it for close to a year I think I've decided to get a Neptune Apex, but Im not sure if can control my cheap pumps and lights besides basic on-off from the PowerBar.
The power heads are jebao scp-150 and ultimately I'd like to be able to ramp them up and down with the apex. I've seen adapters to go from the apex to jebao power heads but I've never seen them listed as working with the gyre style Jebaos. I'd also like to control my jebao return pump in a similar fashion.

My lights are two of the 300watt Viparspectra black boxes and I would love to be able to ramp them up and down with the apex. I realize this isn't straight forward and I would need a separate board to convert the 0-10v apex output to pwm for the lights, but that shouldn't be an issue for me. Is there any reason I couldn't make this work? I've looked online and there are a few threads about it but they're all for the 165 watt version, but I'm assuming it applies to the 300 watt version also.

I plan on slowly upgrading my pumps/lights to ones that interface to apex better, but after spending that much on the controller those purchases probably won't be anytime soon.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get any answers for you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back