OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get my return redo done today. I only hooked up the left return flow sensor so far. I will try to hook up the right return tomorrow, just tired of working on the returns...UGH!!! I do truly like the GHL flow sensors over the Apex flow sensors. ;)

Screenshot (415).png

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Billldg were you successful in getting the Reolink onto the GHL? My entire house is wired with ReoLinks so I am curious if this works...
Reolink? Sorry, memory is a bit fried right now. If you are referring to a video camera then no, I have not tried yet. I have just been to busy with work and such, and now, the total return redo.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reolink? Sorry, memory is a bit fried right now. If you are referring to a video camera then no, I have not tried yet. I have just been to busy with work and such, and now, the total return redo.
yeh, Reolink is a Security camera company, back in July you had said you were going to try and add an E1 Pro. I have 3-4 of those all around the inside of my home, and I have a few of the outdoor ones as well. If they work with Profilux that would be awesome.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeh, Reolink is a Security camera company, back in July you had said you were going to try and add an E1 Pro. I have 3-4 of those all around the inside of my home, and I have a few of the outdoor ones as well. If they work with Profilux that would be awesome.
I will try and see if it works next weekend, If I don't forget, LOL!!!

I hooked up the second flow sensor. Remember that the sensors are labeled 1,3,5,7.

Screenshot (417).png

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember installing the Apex flow sensors and had nothing but issues with them leaking where you screw on the union to the flow meter. The GHL flow sensors had no such issues. You only have to screw on the male union part to the flow sensor as the female thread is part of the flow sensor body.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember, you can only have 4 flow sensors on the P4. You can add splitter cables to add other sensors, and, in my case, they would be addressed 2,4,6,8.

The P4 comes standard with 2 Level sensor connections, and, with splitter cables you can have 4 Level sensors. I add a PLM-4 Level card to my P4, thus me having 8 possible connections.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 5 more items left on my Apex, and, I will get them over to my GHL P4. I just need to buy some short extension chords. The tank life support is on the GHL P4 now.

Now it will get interesting as I start to learn the coding and logic of the GHL.

At least now I do not have to worry about the false voltage and current readings of the Apex and it causing my return pumps to shut down.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time feeding my LPS in the new return setup. I definitely need to get my Abyzz hooked up to my GHL. I need to purchase the connection equipment to do so. I just like to simply press a button and and everything go's as planned. I will hook up my Abyzz to my GHL directly in a bit. :)

I have to get it from Coralvue, and not GHL. It's not surprising, I just wish we could get it from other vendors. It would make the available connection easier to obtain.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added the header to my total redo of my returns. You all already know how I feel about the GHL flow sensor vs the Neptune flow sensors. I have mentioned it several times. I just added the Carbon Reactor flow sensor to the mix. I have both the Apex flow sensors and GHL flow sensors, AND, I constantly erase the Apex sensors and ADD GHL sensors...HMMM!!!

LOOK at the FLOW sensors.

Screenshot (430).png

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait until the flow sensors are able to show graphs, it is coming.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Abyzz GHL connection kit from Coralvue. I can't wait to hook up the Abyzz to my P4.

I tried to get my camera up and running to see how hard it was to hook it up to GHL, but talk about a pain just to get the camera to work, LOL!!! I will try again this weekend.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a little suspicious of my KHD because it was showing 8.5 DKH while my Trident was dropping and showing 7.8 DKH.

A little back story, I have been having a hard time keeping my Alk steady as the few corals and a ton of coraline algae suck it up. I have been dosing extra on top of what I normally dose.

I just checked both against my Hanna and the Hanna showed 8.3 DKH. I am not sure which one is correct, BUT, when 2 show within a .2 DKH while the 3rd shows a difference of .5-.7 DKH, I will go with the majority.

SO the KHD was reading correctly and the Trident was not.

SCORE KHD!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little time on both the GHL salinity probe and the Apex salinity probe in my mixing station now. I have learned that neither one is perfect, but, after this last mix of saltwater in the mixing barrels, some interesting things showed up. You can see that both probes eventually dropped off due to the water level dropping below the sensors. Both sensors are mounted right next to each other at the same height. Look how each reacted and then how they reacted when I raised the water level and added salt to the 100g mixing tank.

After mixing water they both changed a little, but, the Apex salinity sensor changed far more that the GHL salinity probe. The GHL sensor went from 1.021 to 1.023 while the Apex probe went from 40 ppm to 29 ppm when both are compared to a refractometer that was calibrated and measured the salinity at 1.026

Screenshot (444).png
Screenshot (445).png

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finding some very interesting things about the salinity probe and reaction when comparing the Apex salinity probe and GHL salinity probe. I said I am no longer doing a side by side comparison, and that is true, as I can't afford to send 3 Apex EB832's off to get fixed. That does not mean I am not still comparing what is working.

I just had to make another 100 gals of salt water, and, I am seeing the same result. I just need it to show the same before I post it. It usually take a few days for the Apex probe to show the actual salinity, so please be patient, LOL!!!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just ghosting your thread to see how the conversation is going. :)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following along for awhile...
I broke down and ordered a Profilux G4e Starter kit from Reefbum with the sale going on.
Never had a controller before, so this is something that is a bit intimidating to me.
But with the help of this thread and others like it, I'm pretty sure I can tackle getting it together and online. The goal is control the heater and dosing pumps, (no kH Director just yet, but it's on the list), log pH and temp, and turn lights on and off for now.

So, thanks for putting in the time and effort here, I appreciate it and I'd bet there are many others (lurking in the shadows) who do as well.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following along for awhile...
I broke down and ordered a Profilux G4e Starter kit from Reefbum with the sale going on.
Never had a controller before, so this is something that is a bit intimidating to me.
But with the help of this thread and others like it, I'm pretty sure I can tackle getting it together and online. The goal is control the heater and dosing pumps, (no kH Director just yet, but it's on the list), log pH and temp, and turn lights on and off for now.

So, thanks for putting in the time and effort here, I appreciate it and I'd bet there are many others (lurking in the shadows) who do as well.
Congrats on taking the leap!!!

Don't let a controller intimidate you. In truth, they really aren't hard. It is just something else you have to learn. I posted a ton of how to videos from @Vinny@GHLUSA and @Ditto on the GHL controller, its a sticky thread at the top of the controller forum. I would watch them a bunch of times to make almost secondary in knowing what the controller does.

Welcome to the GHL family.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get all the photos I can for the surprise of the GHL and Apex salinity probe in my mixing station. It all started a few months back when I mixed saltwater in my mixing station, and now, was speed up because of the amount of water I am having to produce due to me dealing with Ick and having to set up a permanent QT station of 80 gals and having to make enough saltwater to fill 2 40b's and the possibility of having to drain my 225 gal tank to remove the fish. Spoiler alert, the GHL probe is far more responsive and reliable than the Apex probe...OPPS!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%

Back