APEX DOS and air bubbles with push connects

pledosophy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
422
Reaction score
291
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the 1/4 push connects to connect the feed line to rigid airline tubing inside of my dosing container.

I continually have problems with both lines (two part) getting air bubbles.

Is there something I need to do to get a better seal with the push connects so that air bubbles are not a problem?

Thank you in advance.
 
I am using the 1/4 push connects to connect the feed line to rigid airline tubing inside of my dosing container.

I continually have problems with both lines (two part) getting air bubbles.

Is there something I need to do to get a better seal with the push connects so that air bubbles are not a problem?

Thank you in advance.
A different seal and/or RO tubing
 
When I switched my DOS to use push connect fittings, I had to cut off the gray conical tip from the DOS head because it prevented the tubing from inserting deep enough into the push connect fitting. I just used a razor knife to cut it off where it meets the threads.

IMG_2144.jpg
 
When I switched my DOS to use push connect fittings, I had to cut off the gray conical tip from the DOS head because it prevented the tubing from inserting deep enough into the push connect fitting. I just used a razor knife to cut it off where it meets the threads.

IMG_2144.jpg
Very nice idea!!! Thank you.
 
I’ve always used a blow dryer to heat the ro tubing and it slides right up to the top.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new