Apex dos failsafe

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day everyone, I wanted to know if anyone has experience on how to program the apex so it doesn’t ever overdose ur tank. For example , I want to shutoff any dos head that is on longer than 5 seconds so, my tank won’t get overdosed . The reason being one time I turned on the dose by accident and it dosed 2000 ml of Alk , I never want that to happen again but, I am apex illiterate. Thanks for any input and have a great day

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this isn't possible if you're relying on the normal DOS scheduled intervals. When you tell the DOS to deliver a certain amount over a range of time and set it to AUTO, it automatically turns on and off the pump over that period of time, but from a programming standpoint it's always considered "On" even when the head isn't rotating. Because of that, you can't say "If ON > x" because that always would be true.

The basic rule with the DOS is to NEVER set its slider to ON. It should always be left at AUTO.

OP
OP
E

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good Point suncrest, never thought of it like that and now I understand why it’s not possible. Also getting back to csj what other parameters can I use to shut off the dos if it doses to much calcium and mag?

nagreen8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this so take what. I say with a grain of salt haha. suncerest knows best. not sure if that was out at the time this was going on.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back