Apex dos failsafe

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day everyone, I wanted to know if anyone has experience on how to program the apex so it doesn’t ever overdose ur tank. For example , I want to shutoff any dos head that is on longer than 5 seconds so, my tank won’t get overdosed . The reason being one time I turned on the dose by accident and it dosed 2000 ml of Alk , I never want that to happen again but, I am apex illiterate. Thanks for any input and have a great day

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this isn't possible if you're relying on the normal DOS scheduled intervals. When you tell the DOS to deliver a certain amount over a range of time and set it to AUTO, it automatically turns on and off the pump over that period of time, but from a programming standpoint it's always considered "On" even when the head isn't rotating. Because of that, you can't say "If ON > x" because that always would be true.

The basic rule with the DOS is to NEVER set its slider to ON. It should always be left at AUTO.

OP
OP
E

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good Point suncrest, never thought of it like that and now I understand why it’s not possible. Also getting back to csj what other parameters can I use to shut off the dos if it doses to much calcium and mag?

nagreen8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this so take what. I say with a grain of salt haha. suncerest knows best. not sure if that was out at the time this was going on.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back