Apex EB8 amperage registering 1.5-2.0 amps with nothing plugged in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix this eb8. I just installed it on the tank today and with nothing plugged into it its reading anywhere from 1.5-2.0 amps. Wondering if there is a way to calibrate the amperage or if i just need to deal with the amps not working.

OP
OP
Reefiness

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did this morning. was waiting for them to open to give them a call hoping it would be an easy fix. They made me open up a support ticket online and will be getting back to me about it :/ I just figured it was going to be something easy like clicking a button to set the value as 0 or something like that.

OP
OP
Reefiness

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.... seems im SOL. Got in touch with neptune, zeroed out the eb8, but the amperage after temporarily resetting to zero was back up to around 1 amp. Claim nothing can be done unless its sent in to be looked at. Being that I got this off another member who had purchased it recently and never used it (so its still in new condition), doesnt matter, the warranty is moot so it will cost me a minimum of $55 to repair depending on what they discover the issue is. :(

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back