Apex EL no response after updating

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence #apexusers I need some help. Fusion prompted me to update my apex this afternoon and I did so. Now I cannot get my apex to respond at all. I've tried rebooting it, it says that it failed to send command. I've rebooted my internet router and even unplugged and plugged back in the apex itself. Any help would be appreciated

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a few hours. Any change?
Is your Apex still running your tank?
Is it the wifi connection that isn't working, or more than that?
Are you able to connect to Apex Local?

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is still running. I got it working now. I unplugged the entire system for 10 seconds and plugged it back in. In fusion if I did something such as turn off a switch nothing would happen and after about 30 seconds fusion would reset to the state it was in. But it's working now :)

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is still running. I got it working now. I unplugged the entire system for 10 seconds and plugged it back in. In fusion if I did something such as turn off a switch nothing would happen and after about 30 seconds fusion would reset to the state it was in. But it's working now :)

I've experienced this as well. If it happened right after the update, and persisted for about 10 minutes, then it's not a bug as such, but a poorly documented feature of AOS updates.

After the update is applied, even though Fusion says it's all done, it's actually out of touch with the local Apex brain while all the system setting are downloaded to the Apex from the cloud.
If you look at Apex Local during this time, it says 'No communication' with Fusion. And if you try to make changes from Fusion, the switches just revert.
I've gotten anxious about this before too. And then I found out what was actually happening.
Now I just wait 15 minutes after an update before trying to do anything.

Very glad your Apex is working again! :)

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've experienced this as well. If it happened right after the update, and persisted for about 10 minutes, then it's not a bug as such, but a poorly documented feature of AOS updates.

After the update is applied, even though Fusion says it's all done, it's actually out of touch with the local Apex brain while all the system setting are downloaded to the Apex from the cloud.
If you look at Apex Local during this time, it says 'No communication' with Fusion. And if you try to make changes from Fusion, the switches just revert.
I've gotten anxious about this before too. And then I found out what was actually happening.
Now I just wait 15 minutes after an update before trying to do anything.

Very glad your Apex is working again! :)
Awesome! Thank you for the info. What you're describing is exactly what happened lol

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thank you for the info. What you're describing is exactly what happened lol

Cool. And if you absolutely have to adjust something during those 15 minutes, the controls on Apex Local will work.
I always keep two tabs open side by side for each Apex - one for Fusion, one for Local.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back