Apex el

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get a controller, don’t have one currently.

Aside from the salinity probe, orp probe and 0-10 volt outlets, what else can’t the EL do that the full apex can?

I wouldn’t be interested in the orp or salinity part. I run my radions and Vortech a thru the reeflink. I don’t think the 0-10 port would do me any good.

Can the EL run the dosers and the trident Down the road as is, or does it need some type of upgrade or module?

Basically, if those 3 (probes, 0-10 volt) don’t really apply to me, should I still consider the full, or save the $300 and go with EL?

Thanks

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get a controller, don’t have one currently.

Aside from the salinity probe, orp probe and 0-10 volt outlets, what else can’t the EL do that the full apex can?

I wouldn’t be interested in the orp or salinity part. I run my radions and Vortech a thru the reeflink. I don’t think the 0-10 port would do me any good.

Can the EL run the dosers and the trident Down the road as is, or does it need some type of upgrade or module?

Basically, if those 3 (probes, 0-10 volt) don’t really apply to me, should I still consider the full, or save the $300 and go with EL?

Thanks

The EL will work just fine. Why not just purchase the bundle? That's what I did and I have no regrets.

OP
OP
W

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The EL will work just fine. Why not just purchase the bundle? That's what I did and I have no regrets.

The apex is something I couldn’t afford right now, down the road type of thing. And it doesn’t sound like you save anything with bundle, ($799 plus $599 for trident-$1399) or am I missing something?

OP
OP
W

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotcha. I see that now, for the xl, ($499
Plus trident $599-$1099 total) does it have additional accessories one wouldn’t get when just buying the xl and then the trident separate?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back