Apex Energy Bar Dead Outlets

TheKylersFire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had experience with outlets that quit working on their energy bar? I have 2 heaters that shared an outlet on my energy bar and that outlet quit working about a month ago. I moved them both over to their own outlet after that and now those 2 don’t work so I have 3 of my 8 that have failed. Definitely not a programming issue or a dead heater. Even if I manually turn on those outlets there’s no power (I tested it with a phone charger like a true professional would do)

I’ve owned it for about 5 years so just seeing if there’s a lifespan on these or anyone else that has had issues with their $250 power strip lol

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got an Apex and I had my heater plugged into the outlet. I found out they say dont use the Apex to control the heater even Apex says not to use it that way.. If your heater has a thermostat then use that to set the temp and use the Apex as a backup to shut off if it gets stuck on. The outlets dont seem to last long if they turn on and off constantly with a heater. I ended up getting an inkbird today for my BRS titanium heater so I have that controlling the temp and the outlet on my Apex is set to shut down the outlet if it gets to 80degrees. So the outlet should always be on and dont have to worry about killing an outlet.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There does appear to be a lifespan for the number of cycles each outlet can manage. I am in Australia so using the EB6 but I understand that the US EB8 uses a mix of two technologies in the outlets, which behave differently. I control my heater by the Apex but don’t keep the low/high range too tight so the outlet is not continually cycleing on and off. Mine has been in use for 2 1/2 years now without issues.

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the cheapest imaginable ($2) chinese ebay relay controling my heater, now for 3 years. It hasn't failed, even though it is through a lot of cycles. So I don't know what kind of relays apex is using, but...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back