Apex Firmware update failed...

YuckCheager

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping I am not screwed here. Picked up a used system yesterday and decided to update the firmware but I could only do it wirelessly. My laptop does not have an ethernet port. It took quite awhile as I kept getting errors sending firmware blocks due to communication issues with the Apex. It would retry the block and finally have success and move on to the next block. Finally after all 120 blocks were successfully sent I got this final error message.... "Waiting for input from Apex, timed out." I let it set for quite awhile. The control screen was locked on the IP address and would do nothing. I rebooted the modem and nothing. Finally in desperation I unplugged the system and plugged it back in. Now it just tries to cycle on with with flashing orange lights and no green. Is it jacked up now for good or what?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Y

YuckCheager

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since the controller is not turning on, I can't use it to check the IP address or anything else.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You may be able to get the IP from your router. On mine, I go to the router page (192.168.1.1) then it has an area listing the IP's of the connected devices.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back