Apex FMK and LDK question

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
3,302
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been reading up on these and it seems they both use the FMM. The FMK says you can add leak protection. So if I’m reading right, you don’t have to buy both kits. You can just add the leak detectors to the FMK and you get both functions. Is this correct??
 
True you can. I had to think what I had in my last two. I had a flow sensor in one and another float sensor in the last but yes you can
 
True you can. I had to think what I had in my last two. I had a flow sensor in one and another float sensor in the last but yes you can
Thanks! That saves money for something else!
 
Another question. I have 3/4" return pipe, so I guess I need the 1" flow device. I've heard that the monitor itself (the turning wheel) decreases flow. Is that true?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new