Apex Fusion Design - Tabs?

tdunmore2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure we all have things we would like to see the Apex Fusion interface do that it currently doesn't. I'm no different. For me, one of the things I'm struggling with is appropriately and succinctly displaying the information from my system on the fusion interface. I am currently running three different tanks (soon to be four) and thus have a slew of inputs and outputs, as well as graphs and flow meters. I use tablets to display the Fusion interface at each tank location, but I struggle with how to properly gather and display this information that allows me to access the information and controls I need for each tank without having to scroll all over the place. It would be a huge help to be able to create different "tabs" or pages to show information for different tanks (or even activities). Would love to hear if anyone else has a workflow solution for this situation, or if anyoen else would benefit from a "tabbed" structure.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure we all have things we would like to see the Apex Fusion interface do that it currently doesn't. I'm no different. For me, one of the things I'm struggling with is appropriately and succinctly displaying the information from my system on the fusion interface. I am currently running three different tanks (soon to be four) and thus have a slew of inputs and outputs, as well as graphs and flow meters. I use tablets to display the Fusion interface at each tank location, but I struggle with how to properly gather and display this information that allows me to access the information and controls I need for each tank without having to scroll all over the place. It would be a huge help to be able to create different "tabs" or pages to show information for different tanks (or even activities). Would love to hear if anyone else has a workflow solution for this situation, or if anyoen else would benefit from a "tabbed" structure.
I haven't had an Apex for awhile now, but do you have the option to set up your tablets to connect via the local IP address and use the different screen options that way? It's not as nice as Fusion, but you could set up one screen per tank.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Neptune doesn't seem to care too much about us "power users". I currently have 6 EB8s, one EB4, and more additional modules that I can't count from memory at the moment. I thought a good spreadsheet could help me keep keep track of everything, BUT that just confounds the problem because you now need to keep the sheet properly synched. I really like your Tabs idea, but I'd settle for a way to insert cosmetic delineator bars between groupings on the Fusion dashboard.

OP
OP
T

tdunmore2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had an Apex for awhile now, but do you have the option to set up your tablets to connect via the local IP address and use the different screen options that way? It's not as nice as Fusion, but you could set up one screen per tank.
Unfortunately, on the 2016 model, the local interface looks the same as fusion, so there isn't an option for different screens.

Neptune doesn't seem to care too much about us "power users". I currently have 6 EB8s, one EB4, and more additional modules that I can't count from memory at the moment. I thought a good spreadsheet could help me keep keep track of everything, BUT that just confounds the problem because you now need to keep the sheet properly synched. I really like your Tabs idea, but I'd settle for a way to insert cosmetic delineator bars between groupings on the Fusion dashboard.
I agree with this also. I use the feed mode bar, the clock, and the measurement bar to separate my groups. Almost the same....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back