Apex, GHL, or?

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be leaving my reef in the hands of my wife for three months soon and would like to make it as easy on her as possible. I am looking at making as much of it as possible automated and was looking at the Apex and GHL systems. I already have the Proliux lite coming for my light bar controls, but that is about it for automation right now. Just keep hearing mixed reviews about the Apex systems, but don’t see too much on the GHL systems. What are everyone’s thoughts on this? Any tips for success in leaving a tank this long? Thanks all!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be leaving my reef in the hands of my wife for three months soon and would like to make it as easy on her as possible. I am looking at making as much of it as possible automated and was looking at the Apex and GHL systems. I already have the Proliux lite coming for my light bar controls, but that is about it for automation right now. Just keep hearing mixed reviews about the Apex systems, but don’t see too much on the GHL systems. What are everyone’s thoughts on this? Any tips for success in leaving a tank this long? Thanks all!
Personally I would choose apex all day love mine have had one for years

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What generation Apex do you have Alex Pete?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What generation Apex do you have Alex Pete?
I have the new apex full model, I started with the jr and then the classic then upgraded love them all.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Apex and was also weary at some reviews, with any product you will find people who don’t like it because they don’t know what they have or how to use it. The Apex absolutely requires some more work to get running properly and I think the neg reviews are people who skipped that and wanted plug and play.

They work flawlessly for me, I am really pleased with how they work.

OP
OP
PhantomHalo

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What all would you guys recommend as must haves for the Apex system? I am not running a calcium reactor if that matters.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What all would you guys recommend as must haves for the Apex system? I am not running a calcium reactor if that matters.
I would say something as simple as the leak detector shuts off return if something would have happened. I love it because of the control of everything.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge GHL fan, but don't have any experience with Apex or anything else. It's been super reliable since we set it up. I have the profilux, KH director and a bunch of dosers. Also, have an Ion Director on order.

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge GHL fan, but don't have any experience with Apex or anything else. It's been super reliable since we set it up. I have the profilux, KH director and a bunch of dosers. Also, have an Ion Director on order.
How are the app and web app?

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the app and web app?

The app has gotten much better. The only thing I hate is having to use Windows to use GHL control center. But thankfully you only need to use it when you first set something up. I haven't used it in a while because I can do everything from the app.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back