Apex Guru’s I need your help!

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This evening I wanted to test out the two wave makers I got as part of my Partner Drive prize.

I connected just one (I hate the cable, lets just get that out the way!) and then set the alarms up, set the home position and then deleted all the presets that were in it and then set one of the preset slow pulses at 8% power .

I then switched the button to ON in the dashboard and all hell broke loose. A tsunami began and corals went everywhere and fish went nuts :) so I turned it off!!

my question is what am I doing wrong . I’m just wanted to start in a low setting and then ramp it up :)

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set it to "ON" it ignores all the programmed settings and just runs full force. Instead, set it to "AUTO" so it follows the programming. This is true of any output you program with the Apex. Setting to "OFF" or "ON" means you are manually controlling the output and it won't make any changes based on the programming. Always set your outputs to AUTO unless you intend to manually control them.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set it to "ON" it ignores all the programmed settings and just runs full force. Instead, set it to "AUTO" so it follows the programming. This is true of any output you program with the Apex. Setting to "OFF" or "ON" means you are manually controlling the output and it won't make any changes based on the programming. Always set your outputs to AUTO unless you intend to manually control them.
Ah hah!! Thank you sir :)

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I am running this thing at 1% using the mode for having it on the back wall. And it giving me far too much flow. I am assuming I can’t turn it down any lower?

U

User1

View Badges
Ok so I am running this thing at 1% using the mode for having it on the back wall. And it giving me far too much flow. I am assuming I can’t turn it down any lower?

What pumps are you using? Not to sound like I'm stating the obvious or anything but on, off, 1 - 100. Not many other choices so I'm not sure I understand. I ran into a issue similar I think with my XF250 Gyre's when I set up my upgrade. The rocks are bare and the corals I transferred over wasn't enough to break the gyre's even running them lower or one at 30%. I ended up taking them off line and only recently added 1 back.

Can you position the wave maker or is this a case that they are just too big for the tank they are in until it matures?

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Apex wave makers (Well only one right now) I dont have sand blow, just far too much flow. I have an MP40 in the tank set to max of 35% on any mode and that's fine. I am running the one APEX wave maker on the Rincon mode at 1%

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click the gear icon next to your WAV on the dashboard, then post a screenshot of how it's set. For example:

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 5.46.49 PM.png

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WAV power heads are very powerful. I personally use Vortech's in all my systems.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change the mode from "Rincon" to "Constant". The WAV has 7 different pre-programmed modes to choose from, so unless you're using Constant, the WAV is going to ramp up and down based on the mode you choose. Here's a snippet from the WAV User Manual:

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.05.11 PM.png

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change the mode from "Rincon" to "Constant". The WAV has 7 different pre-programmed modes to choose from, so unless you're using Constant, the WAV is going to ramp up and down based on the mode you choose. Here's a snippet from the WAV User Manual:

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.05.11 PM.png
Ok, will give that a go. Although would not just ramp up to 1% like I have it set?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, will give that a go. Although would not just ramp up to 1% like I have it set?

Neptune's documentation doesn't clearly state how the intensity applies to the pre-defined modes. I tested my WAV on RinCon at 1% and it was obviously running way stronger than 1%. When I switched it to Constant at 1%, it really calmed down.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune's documentation doesn't clearly state how the intensity applies to the pre-defined modes. I tested my WAV on RinCon at 1% and it was obviously running way stronger than 1%. When I switched it to Constant at 1%, it really calmed down.
K thanks , will try tomorrow after work :)

Back