OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update I order a new probe should be here in a few days. Will let you know the outcome.

luckyazn6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a used apex jr and the temp continually jumped up. tried new probe and same thing was happening. ended up getting a full apex that works fine

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp probe was the issue! Replaced with a new probe, however this was not a quick fix. The display was registering 69 Fahrenheit. So I read a similiar issue with the temp probe on the Neptune support forum. Mentioning to use a temperature indicating tools, using 2-3 different types to get an average reading. Example: first reading 81.9 with a Pen style, second reading 82 with pocket probe, 3rd 82. 5 with temperature indicator. Then take the average of all 3 and calibrate the temp probe. These low cost tools price around $15.
In my case I calibrated the temp probe to 80.0
Once I thought I was finish, around 10PM last night my lights shut off, when there suppose to be schedule to turn off at 12 midnight. Apparently all setting were off, so I had to reprogram all controllers. I was thinking this was probably from updating the firmware. Anyhow, all is working! And thank those who contributed comments to this thread.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back