apex jr setup- amps

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjv123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jjv123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I just set up an apex jr. All seems to be working fine, except the amperage is swinging wildly. It measure 0, than 57, than 5.2,then 0. And so forth. Never consistent. I have a return pump, a heater, and a mj1200, hooked up to it. I also have an eb8 that will hook up eventually. My question for the group is, is this normal??? I cant imagine any of these devices are spiking the amps . The circuit breaker would blow for sure.
 
I just set one up today... The amperage is somewhat steady... aside from heater on/off etc...not wild changes. May want to get a hold of Apex.
 
If the one is really 57 and not 5.7 there is a problem and I would contact Apex support.
 
so I contacted apex. it seems like the eb8 amp monitor needs to be calibrated. If that doesn't work, then we try something else. When I unhook the eb8, the problem disappears..
 
They sent instructions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new