APEX Jr Software Update - Noob Question

ScurvyFrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Thanksgiving gang!

Working on setting up my APEX Jr while watching some football and have stumbled upon an issue with the firmware update...

I am receiving an alert telling me that the Fluid Monitoring Module (FMM) is running on outdated software (V23). This makes sense because it is brand new out of the box, but when I click the box to update the module, i receive a dialog box with "Installing new software, please wait" followed by an '"Update Complete" window. However the FMM continues to operate on version 23 and continues to tell me I need to update the software. Any ideas on what I may be missing?

Thanks in advance!

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a restart first? Maybe try the update from the module itself? Tap modules - fmm - update software under actions. Neptune is good to respond ime if all else fails

OP
OP
ScurvyFrog

ScurvyFrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a restart first? Maybe try the update from the module itself? Tap modules - fmm - update software under actions. Neptune is good to respond ime if all else fails
Thanks @TokenReefer I’ll try those out first. I’ll hit up Neptune if I’m still stumped. Appreciate the help!

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure. Maybe post the solution if you find it. I know I'm curious. I like to keep up on these quirks in case I encounter the same issue

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving :)

OP
OP
ScurvyFrog

ScurvyFrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing yet - I’m waiting on a response as well. Holiday weekend so I get it. Luckily everything still works well, it’s just the unclearable alert has my OCD tweaking at this point

mizimmer90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine mostly works as well but I share the OCD lol.

I added an FMM with a liquid level sensor that won't calibrate because the FMM is running a different version of the software. My workaround is to delete the apex jr onboard FMM and calibrate the LLS real quick before it pops back up again. Super annoying but otherwise works well too haha

OP
OP
ScurvyFrog

ScurvyFrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just heard back from Neptune - they remoted in to the unit and determined it to be a hardware issue. Nothing can be done to fix it so they will be sending a new unit.

Wish it was an easier fix but they’re being very cooperative with the replacement. We all would like perfection, but it’s not a perfect world - really happy to see they own the mistake and are working to quickly remedy the situation.

I’ll let you all know if something else develops.

mizimmer90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just heard back from Neptune - they remoted in to the unit and determined it to be a hardware issue. Nothing can be done to fix it so they will be sending a new unit.

Wish it was an easier fix but they’re being very cooperative with the replacement. We all would like perfection, but it’s not a perfect world - really happy to see they own the mistake and are working to quickly remedy the situation.

Thanks for the update! Do you have to pay for shipping or is that covered?

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

anytime ive had apex issues that required support [which hasn't been a lot] they have always been responsive and helpful. wish I could say that about more companies .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back