Apex WXM Module

EGorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have an Apex WXM module I am trying to use with a pair of Radion XR30 Pro G4 lights.

Using an Apex Classic, and Neptune support resources on web indicate that the WXM firmware must be upgraded to v1.11, and the RF Module must then be updated to latest rev.

When updating the WXM firmware, it never changes from v1.1 to v1.11.

Have tried probably dozen combinations of sequences, but no luck. One of the suggestions was to upgrade the module firmware, then upgrade the RF module firmware, then upgrade the module firmware again, and finally disconnect the WXM module for 30 seconds, but version doesn’t change.

When doing the RF Module firmware upgrade, it shows errors: 2, then disappears.

Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have an Apex WXM module I am trying to use with a pair of Radion XR30 Pro G4 lights.

Using an Apex Classic, and Neptune support resources on web indicate that the WXM firmware must be upgraded to v1.11, and the RF Module must then be updated to latest rev.

When updating the WXM firmware, it never changes from v1.1 to v1.11.

Have tried probably dozen combinations of sequences, but no luck. One of the suggestions was to upgrade the module firmware, then upgrade the RF module firmware, then upgrade the module firmware again, and finally disconnect the WXM module for 30 seconds, but version doesn’t change.

When doing the RF Module firmware upgrade, it shows errors: 2, then disappears.

Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA!
This can be somewhat tricky. I would suggest contacting Neptune and allow them to walk through the right way to do it. (They can screen share with you). Hope this helps. Here is another thread which may help: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/no-option-to-update-rf-in-apex-fusion-for-my-wxm.695368/

PS - Did you upgrade your G4 RF module? Curious - is this the problem you're seeing: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/updating-legacy-radion-g4s.793036/

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back