Apex keeps disconnecting from fusion

Mr. Wiggles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Apparently my apex has disconnected from fusion 11 times in the past 24 hours. Just went to check on the tank as it’s disconnected again (it’s at my work) and everything appears to be running, except for the lights, which seems odd to me. I will be picking up a router satellite tomorrow and putting that in the stand, hoping it does the trick. I’ve already reset Wi-Fi and unplugged and re-plugged the apex. My worry is that I am unsure if I can count on other things to keep working, such as my DOS and heater. The light being off has me freaked out!

The apex head unit flashes blue rapidly, then cycles through the other colors briefly, before going back to blue. Anyone have insight into that pattern?

The app still seems to be tracking the time, and I can see it updating the amount it thinks the DOS is using (going down, hour by hour), but I figure that it can’t possibly know how much the DOS is actually using.

Basically, should I expect everything else to be working as programmed, despite the light being off? Is there a reason the lights would lose their programming but not anything else?

OP
OP
Mr. Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strangely enough, I unplugged a light I had plugged into the USB port on my connected eb4. That seemed to bring everything back to normal! Guess I won’t be using that port haha

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strangely enough, I unplugged a light I had plugged into the USB port on my connected eb4. That seemed to bring everything back to normal! Guess I won’t be using that port haha
Yeah, those are aquabus ports not usb. I wouldn’t advise plugging anything into those except aquabus devices

Stabila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same issue. My Apex has turned off and on 295 times in the past 24 hours????? Reset router... Reset Apex... Went and got a 40 foot CAT 6 and hardwired it. Still the same... Uggggg
System has been running for 4 years with out any issues or changes made.

Kurt Hammel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same issue. My Apex has turned off and on 295 times in the past 24 hours????? Reset router... Reset Apex... Went and got a 40 foot CAT 6 and hardwired it. Still the same... Uggggg
When mine would not connect through a cable it was time to replace the head unit.

Stabila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went out thinking the Head unit was done and bought a new Unit...
Same thing is happening!?? Network issue i assume..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-10 124424.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-10 124424.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 26

bszakacs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brand new system that is hardwired is doing the same thing. It disconnects every 5 minutes with the fusion app. But I can access it through the local network apex.local. I have a ticket in with Neptune , already checked firewall on router and turned it off which did nothing. I can’t hook up anything with a fallback because it triggers that mode every time it disconnects (I have our return pump set to on in fallback so if we are mid feed cycle and it disconnects my return pump comes back on again, my mxm with lights and wave makers were switching to fallback every 5 minutes so I had to disconnect the mxm unit. There is something wrong with their app and communication cloud I believe.

SWherrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started having this issue after getting the MXM idk if that has to do with it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back