Apex LLS Alarming

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got an Apex Pro today and I'm working my way through programming. I had some initial difficulty getting the LLS calibrated, but after switching it over to FMM Port 3 on the Apex Pro it finally calibrated using their example Low/High calibration points.

The problem is now it keeps alarming... I'm receiving Alarm If LLS > 9.0 Then ON

I've tried creating an alternative Alarm statement (If LLS > 8.0 Then ON), completely turning off the alarms (setting Alarm to Never) and unplugging/reconnecting the LLS, Changing the LLS Configuration to the 23" model and back to the 15" model as well as rebooting the Apex.

I can't seem to find where this statement exists in the programming that is causing this alarm to trigger. Am I missing something here? Even if I delete all the code from the Email Alarm with the exception of Set OFF, it still alarms.

LLS Screen Shot.jpg LLS Graph.jpg Alarm Log.jpg Email Alarm Settings.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure this is a stupid question - did you remember to click 'Send to Apex' - to update the code in the apex? Second - I'm also assuming that your pictures represent where your settings are 'now'? I may be wrong - but - I would consider removing all of the check boxes (the enable, the configure off, etc)

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this and see if its under this area.
Open app and click the gear icon.
Then click on the graph icon beside the gear.
Then the click alarm gears and go through whats programed

A80C6302-DB84-4D32-8B5D-14C00F5756CF.jpeg
DAC35A23-3B3B-4AF9-A6F2-4AE7EA355D89.jpeg

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try this and see if its under this area.
Open app and click the gear icon.
Then click on the graph icon beside the gear.
Then the click alarm gears and go through whats programed
Currently the only thing programmed under any of the alarm areas is

"Set Off"

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure this is a stupid question - did you remember to click 'Send to Apex' - to update the code in the apex? Second - I'm also assuming that your pictures represent where your settings are 'now'? I may be wrong - but - I would consider removing all of the check boxes (the enable, the configure off, etc)
Not stupid, I went back through to make sure I didn't miss something like this and it still seems to be going off.

I tried unchecking the log checkbox, deleting all the text from the configuration space and sending to Apex and then tried reprogramming it with "Set Off" and sending to Apex, it's still going off.

This is slightly maddening lol it's like a ghost line of code stuck somewhere.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently the only thing programmed under any of the alarm areas is

"Set Off"
I would remove that. Have no advance programming, and unblock the 'enable log' button. EDIT - sorry I didn't see your comments!!! - I might call APEX tech support - OR did you try to post on the forum on the Neptune site?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did post on the Neptune forums but I hadn't gotten any replies yet.

Just out of curiosity, I tried switching the LLS from Port 3 to Port 4 on Apex FMM and made port 3 my optical. In the process of re-configuring the LLS, Apex named it "LVLX1_4" and I left the name as it is.

That caused me to receive an alarm that said LEVEL is <6.0 (0.0)...

LEVEL is what I had tried changing the name to (from LLS) to see if I could get it to overwrite the old programming. There wasn't anything called LEVEL in my settings at this point, yet I was still getting the alarm.

I found that under the system button (the one that maps out the flow chart of all devices) there is an option to delete the FMM module if you change the drop down from "Configure" to "Delete." I deleted it and then went back to Tasks and reran the configure Liquid Level Sensor task. It seems the glitch was with the FMM itself because after deleting the configuration of the whole FMM and setting it back up everything is working as it should!

8 hours of my life spent troubleshooting this, but glad it seems to be working now! At least I know the ins/outs of where everything is in Fusion now! ;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back