Apex Newbie , Fusion programming help

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m new to the Apex Controllers. New to fusion. Everything seems so freaking complicated. Where do I start? I’ve only made it as far as powering up and connected to Fusion through Ethernet cable. Now I need to learn how to name and program outlets on the eb832… Any advice is welcome?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on the gear icon, the settings icon, next to the ON text to edit the outlet properties.
Start simple with a pump or light.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gear icon opens an interface to rename the outlet and set the type of outlet control you want

OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought this Apex EL used 2022 model. This is how it’s set up currently is there a way to just completely factory reset everything? Or should I use it as is and change the outlet names and settings?

IMG_6484.png

AstroCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Factory reset it, Fusion will walk you through the setup instructions if a factory reset is performed. Google how to factory reset the Apex, Neptune has excellent instructions that should pop up in your Google search results.

OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I hit the gear icon and go underneath the outlets and try to change the names of the outlets, it shows that I changed the name. Then I just back out and it goes to the previous settings. Is there a way for me to save the changed info?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to save it by uploading to the cloud in the upper left corner before backing out.
Many helpful videos on this with a quick google search

OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to purchase the MOS Magnetic optical sensor. Do I need to purchase any additional equipment to run this sensor on my Apex El? On the Apex EL brain there looks like a DC outlet is already present? On BRS states to plug the sensor to a FMM module. Wanting to mount the sensor in my sump to cut off my ATO if it ever gets stuck on to prevent an overflow. I guess what I’m trying to say is: use the sensor as a high water safety switch?

Last edited:

AstroCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to purchase the MOS Magnetic optical sensor. Do I need to purchase any additional equipment to run this sensor on my Apex El? On the Apex EL brain there looks like a DC outlet is already present? On BRS states to plug the sensor to a FMM module. Wanting to mount the sensor in my sump to cut off my ATO if it ever gets stuck on to prevent an overflow. I guess what I’m trying to say is: use the sensor as a high water safety switch?
I’m almost positive you need an FMM module, the auxiliary power port underneath is only for powering the head unit or detecting the power being out - don’t quote me on this though, you could email Neptune if you don’t find a definitive answer to this on their website.

Edit: May also be better to create an account on Neptune’s forum, that would be the most knowledgeable place for Neptune-specific questions. I’ve found a ton of answers on there that I didn’t find anywhere else online.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back