Apex outlet off not auto

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For such a simple part of my setup, this morning this has been driving me crazy! Does using WHEN set to manual OFF? I have a chain of actions triggered across several outlets running my RO tank fill. All work fine apart from an auto-flush that I have run for five minutes first. If i set to 'Auto' all works fine, runs for five minutes but the switches to manual 'OFF' and so doesn't auto trigger next time. Seems the WHEN causes this?

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output RO-SOLENOID = ON Then ON
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
If Output RO-PUMP = ON Then OFF

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure someone can help you here but could also post on the neptune forum - which has loads of people who review code.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For such a simple part of my setup, this morning this has been driving me crazy! Does using WHEN set to manual OFF? I have a chain of actions triggered across several outlets running my RO tank fill. All work fine apart from an auto-flush that I have run for five minutes first. If i set to 'Auto' all works fine, runs for five minutes but the switches to manual 'OFF' and so doesn't auto trigger next time. Seems the WHEN causes this?

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output RO-SOLENOID = ON Then ON
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
If Output RO-PUMP = ON Then OFF

Yes, the When command was created to act as a failsafe to prevent flooding or running pumps dry if the output is on longer than expected. It is the only command capable of moving a slider from AUTO to OFF or ON. See my tutorial on Apex Timers for more details and examples: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-2-timers.689/

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The when command can be useful, but I also have mine trigger an email alert so I know to go back in and reset the outlet to auto.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back