apex owners help

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to buy an Apex with my xmas bonus. What all do I need to make sure I get everything I need? This will be going on my 150g sps reef. Thanks.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on what you want it to do and how many things you want to monitor and control.

For me measuring conductivity was key, so I needed a PM2 module and Condx probe.

My system is a little more complex, and I have 3 EB8's, 2 PM1 modules with pH probes, the PM2 Module with Condx probe, and dual temperature probes.

I built my own break out box and have float switches that monitor my tank level, sump level (High and Low), and surge tank levels (Trigger and High).

So you really need to decide what you would like to do with it before putting a shopping list together.

Dave B

OP
OP
butts182

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will be running lights, retuen pump, dosers, skimmer, powerheads, etc. don't really know too much about these controllers so any basic help would be good.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first you have to ask what parameters you want to monitor (pH, ORP, Condx, DO)?

Now you listed what items you want to control. The basic Apex will let you control 8 independent outlets. Now if you want to control more than 8 thinks (and more than 20a of consumpution) you need to add additional EB8 - Each EB8 gives you 8 more controllable outlets to control more devices.

Dave B

Back