Apex PH Probe Calibration

JDubb_4051

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this helps someone. I was calibrating my probe the other night and through the automatic process, was able to calibrate to the 7 pouch just fine, however the 10 never went green acceptable range.

My temp workaround was manual calibration but that resulted in a lower than expected reading, falling outside the range triggering every built-in apex alarm.

So, I can't remember if I read this somewhere and if so...apologies for a double post, or whether I had some crazy dream, but after trying to recalibrate locally (http://apex.local) vs through fusion...it worked just fine almost instantly. Obviously only works if you're on your network.

Apologies again if this is widely known...I'll pull down.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, thank you.

OldManSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this helps someone. I was calibrating my probe the other night and through the automatic process, was able to calibrate to the 7 pouch just fine, however the 10 never went green acceptable range.

My temp workaround was manual calibration but that resulted in a lower than expected reading, falling outside the range triggering every built-in apex alarm.

So, I can't remember if I read this somewhere and if so...apologies for a double post, or whether I had some crazy dream, but after trying to recalibrate locally (http://apex.local) vs through fusion...it worked just fine almost instantly. Obviously only works if you're on your network.

Apologies again if this is widely known...I'll pull down.

Thx, l had a similar problem. I just tried your method and it worked like a charm.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, common theme around here lately. Apex Local yields better results. There may be slight delays with data using fusion, so better to stay local.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're saying you need a display hooked directly to your apex unit to get this to work?
I just tried calibrating my probes through my phone and now my readings are all over the place. It's saying my pH in my sump is 7.91, but in my refugium its 8.18. I don't know which to believe or if it's accurate or not.

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use my phone and connect to my apex locally on the internal network by IP.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back