Apex placement ideas?

Panda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently purchased an Apex and trying to figure out where to mount everything. I didn't want to put the hardware inside the stand. Do you guys use an old bookshelf or cabinet next to the tank? Any ideas or suggestions welcome. Thanks!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't keep controllers under my tanks anymore, for one the bulk of the controllers out there warn you not to submerse or expose them to water... and two, the limited space under most tank can be better used... the issue becomes that you need to run longer extensions to compensate but, that's not a big enough hindrance to me... I keep everything in a closet next to the 150 and on a wall-mount I made just for electronics on the 180 up high and without the need to bend inorder to reach something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Panda

Panda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't keep controllers under my tanks anymore, for one the bulk of the controllers out there warn you not to submerse or expose them to water... and two, the limited space under most tank can be better used... the issue becomes that you need to run longer extensions to compensate but, that not a big enough hindrance to me... I keep everything in a closet next to the 150 and on a wall-mount I made just for electronics on the 180 up high and without needed to bend in order to reach something.
So the cords were long enough to each the closet? Is there such thing as a longer cords for the apex? so far I have everything hooked on a dj switch board

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the cords were long enough to each the closet? Is there such thing as a longer cords for the apex? so far I have everything hooked on a dj switch board
Yes, you can get longer USB aqua bus cables and power cable are power cable no specific brand needed.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this at lowes and put a piece of plywood inside.

IMG_0384.JPG

Jonmf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely need to have the room. But all in all its about 3" deep. I used TV mount stand offs for the spacing.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually considering building a new one. I'll sell you mine. :)

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...why do we buy anything new in this hobby??? I need more room! :) I've added a couple of modules and need more space. It sits between two tanks, I'm replacing the 2x2 cube with a 4ft tank. The new one will be taller and slimmer.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back