Apex programming question

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef
So my scenario involves my own stupidity and programming outlet vs component. What is best practice?
1) cor-20 I have two ea. 1 hooked to separately bused eb832s. I currently have the component programmed to a schedule and outlets programmed to always with slider on GUI set to on. Is
2) ATK set up is lightly different. My pmup is hooked to FMM with a 12VDC power supply from fmm to eb832. I have the programming set to the output of FMM that I got from tutorial here authorized by sun crest reef. My outlet is set to ATO with no advanced programming. Should this be set to always. Doesn’t make sense to program out let for what component already does.
3) lastly 3ea sky’s connected to EB4 lights are programmed through fusion and EB4 outlets to lights. However I haven’t been able to get schedule to work. Both outlets and lights are schedule 900-2100. Then moon lights supposed to come on however I have stayed up until atleast 2230 and they are still on. Wake up in the middle of the night to steal snickers they are off. So don’t know when they are turning off maybe it’s a time zone thing I’m CST and Neptune is PST.

38935DC8-0686-460E-89B8-29D292B6E769.png 2F96318A-03AF-4BCF-8587-779D1D4AAF73.png 89B5621F-DE74-4581-BC8E-41575C98EB0B.png BEE9B25D-A996-4F3B-82FA-099D207C5623.png 5D1DFA58-7543-4165-A532-156BB5822071.png 321D8093-4B67-443A-A70A-8E2C2B162A16.png 0F352EB0-3F9A-454B-ABAE-D257E3DEA1C6.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each of the modules you're asking about (COR, FMM from the ATK, and SKY) create their own controllable outputs which is where all the programming should be applied. None of them need to be powered through a controllable EnergyBar output, because the items can be turned on/off/adjusted through their respective outputs.

A good analogy is unplugging your TV to turn it off instead of using the remote control. The TV should always have power, and just respond to On/Off using the remote. So don't waste those valuable EnergyBar outlets for the COR, FMM, or SKY unless you don't have any other choice to lug them in elsewhere. If the EnergyBar is your only choice, then program it for "Always On".

For your SKY schedule question, the first thing to check is whether your Apex clock is set correctly. You need to tell it what time zone you live in so the programming follows the time where you're located. Run the Clock Setup task in Fusion, then reboot the Apex after saving the changes for the clock settings to take effect.

OP
OP
Adrift

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each of the modules you're asking about (COR, FMM from the ATK, and SKY) create their own controllable outputs which is where all the programming should be applied. None of them need to be powered through a controllable EnergyBar output, because the items can be turned on/off/adjusted through their respective outputs.

A good analogy is unplugging your TV to turn it off instead of using the remote control. The TV should always have power, and just respond to On/Off using the remote. So don't waste those valuable EnergyBar outlets for the COR, FMM, or SKY unless you don't have any other choice to lug them in elsewhere. If the EnergyBar is your only choice, then program it for "Always On".

For your SKY schedule question, the first thing to check is whether your Apex clock is set correctly. You need to tell it what time zone you live in so the programming follows the time where you're located. Run the Clock Setup task in Fusion, then reboot the Apex after saving the changes for the clock settings to take effect.
Thank you SuncrestReef

OP
OP
Adrift

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and made the changes on the outlets. I also went to the clock settings that were already showing correctly, but I clicked the upload icon and all of a sudden my lights are fixed. Yeah.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back