APEX questions - Help needed

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, as I am getting more equipment into my APEX system, I am getting more questions, so decided to open this thread to post them as they come. The most recent one I have is related with the Heater.

I plugged my new heater into the heater outlet and I thought I properly configured it as I put a range between 23 to 25 Celsius. The APEX temperature reading at the time was 24, so I said it should be fine and I should not expect the heater to go on as it was not below 23. To my surprise, I check back a couple of hours and temperature was at 28 (82.4 Fahrenheit), so I immediately unplugged everything. Today is back at 25 Celsius which is mostly where the temperature has been the last past days.

So, question here is what could I have done wrong. I selected the On slider, maybe I should have put it on Auto? As per outlet configuration, I have entered the info attached, not sure what the Fallback option means.

Apex.png

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to run auto for the apex to control the outlet on at off based on your programming

Fallback mean if you lose power or connectivity what the default option for that piece will be

OP
OP
Avengerx77

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks. Yes, I thought that putting the slider on On instead of Auto probably was my mistake.

For the Fallback then probably would be better to keep it as Off, don't think temperature where I live will ever go as low as 20Celsius anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks. Yes, I thought that putting the slider on On instead of Auto probably was my mistake.

For the Fallback then probably would be better to keep it as Off, don't think temperature where I live will ever go as low as 20Celsius anyway. Thanks for the reply.
I would consider if you have redundancy as well. My heaters have the build in control dials as well. So living in the north east mine fallback on and will then control themselves in a perfect world.

Back