Apex salinity 2 decimals.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tangdora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tangdora

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2020
Messages
889
Reaction score
505
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. It is possible at all to change a setting in apex that would allow the salinity probe input to display and track as two decimals place instead of just one. Can’t seem to find anything.
 
Not that I know of but the question is why you want to? The probe isn't accurate enough for that information to be of any value, unless you are doing something else with that data?
 
I am trying doing some with the data. Trying to gauge over “long term” the what my overall tank volume is by averaging estimates of before and after changes each time i add 5 gallon RO. Which I pretty much have to do every other day . Never measured when I originally filled it and recently plumbed in several external parts for it. So now curious where I sit for dosing purposes

Currently started doing it with a an aquamarin hydrometer and temp conversion charts as well as a Hanna salinity tester which is only one decimal as well. So was hoping the apex had the option to two place.

Didn’t think there was went through all the setting last night. For now I just changed the tracking to minutely and will use the average produced for the hour right before adding Which does show 2 decimal then compare to another hour worth of data right after it settle and stabilizes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new