Apex screen black

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We very rarely have power outages but the other the day, the power went off, on, off, on about three times.
The screen on my apex has been completely black since. In talking to Neptune, the black screen means it is dead. Has anyone brought their screen back to life at this point or is it time to replace?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dead. Don't quote me but I believe the repair is $60 (cheaper than a new one). In many cases, they will send you a refurb and not bother with replacement. Used ones on here average $50, so you might as well get the refurb

OP
OP
mmw64

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dead. Don't quote me but I believe the repair is $60 (cheaper than a new one). In many cases, they will send you a refurb and not bother with replacement. Used ones on here average $50, so you might as well get the refurb
Thanks for the info. Will do.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this problem before, and Neptune was able to revive it in a remote session.
It happened again a few months later, and it was a no-go that time, despite them spending almost 45 minutes trying to force a firmware reload to it. I gave up and just grabbed an old smartphone and put the fusion app on it.

OP
OP
mmw64

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had the smarts to do that.
I've had this problem before, and Neptune was able to revive it in a remote session.
It happened again a few months later, and it was a no-go that time, despite them spending almost 45 minutes trying to force a firmware reload to it. I gave up and just grabbed an old smartphone and put the fusion app on i

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We very rarely have power outages but the other the day, the power went off, on, off, on about three times.
The screen on my apex has been completely black since. In talking to Neptune, the black screen means it is dead. Has anyone brought their screen back to life at this point or is it time to replace?

If its just the cable is torn, Ive fixed it. If its all rusty, no use.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back