APEX Skimmer Programming Issue

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’m having an issue with my skimmer programming. It has been working perfectly for about two years but over the course of the summer we have started having power failures for the first time since we’ve owned the house and I have found that my programming isn’t working out for that kind of restart.

When the power comes on there is a time period of maybe 3-4 minutes where everything is powered but the wifi isn’t connected yet. The skimmer kicks on before the return pump has drawn down the sump water level and it overflows all the skimmate into the sump.

ere is my skimmer programming:
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 060 Then OFF
If FeedC 005 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
If Output Vfeed = ON Then OFF
If Output Maintenance = ON Then OFF
If Output Cor_20 = OFF Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON

As far as I can tell, it should remain off until the wifi comes back then wait 5 minutes but it isn’t doing that. The COR20 has a Fallback On command and fires right up when the power comes on. Thoughts?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Programing is no Wifi dependent as the programing is stored on the APEX. So as soon as power is restored the 5 min countdown begins.

OP
OP
Albertan22

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Programing is no Wifi dependent as the programing is stored on the APEX. So as soon as power is restored the 5 min countdown begins.
It’s not though, as soon as the power is restored the skimmer starts up, that’s my issue. If I try to replicate it by just unplugging the unit from the wall it does the 5 minute delay, but if my router is also down then it just fires up immediately with no delay.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a common problem. The Defer timer that normally delays turning on the skimmer does not apply after a power failure. To get a delay when the Apex first boots up after the power is restored, use the “If Power” command:

If Power Apex Off 005 Then OFF

This causes the output to remain off for 5 minutes after power is restored.

Also, be sure to read this post on the proper settings when using the If Power command:

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back