Apex Switch Not Reading

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a breakout box on ebay to set up some physical buttons for things like feed modes, ect. However, in the fusion app I don't see the switches changing positions from open to closed when I flip the switches on the box. No matter what positions the switches are in everything remains open. Am I not looking in the right place?
1705769611677.png

sublime275

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to wait longer for the changes to show up in fusion. Since it is cloud based the changes can take up to a minute to show up.

sublime275

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re not seeing anything, then it sounds like something is not hooked up properly.

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'm starting to think too... I've reseated the connections. There's really only one way to plug it in, so I'm wondering if the device is faulty. Also, the LEDs that are on the toggle switches are not lighting up when I plug the usb C cable in. More evidence for some sort of issue with the unit.

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's what I'm starting to think too... I've reseated the connections. There's really only one way to plug it in, so I'm wondering if the device is faulty. Also, the LEDs that are on the toggle switches are not lighting up when I plug the usb C cable in. More evidence for some sort of issue with the unit.

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a box from here with custom engraved buttons and custom color led backlights and it’s awesome. Runs on the aquabus

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a box from here with custom engraved buttons and custom color led backlights and it’s awesome. Runs on the aquabus
Are you suggesting a different box? I ask because I see this post about no feedback from the apex for these buttons.

Good question. Momentary buttons turn off when depressed. Latching buttons stay lit until pressed again.
No feedback from the controller on these buttons unfortunately. Can't be done without controller support currently.

Does this mean the buttons won't show that the switches are open/closed in the dashboard? But they will work when programmed?

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Check the ground inside the toggle box. If none of them are triggering it is likely a ground issue.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Are the buttons momentary so they just trigger a feed and dont stay in one position or the other? That is possible too.

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you suggesting a different box? I ask because I see this post about no feedback from the apex for these buttons.

Does this mean the buttons won't show that the switches are open/closed in the dashboard? But they will work when programmed?
I think the box is slick so just recommending it. Everything works as it’s supposed to. I have feed button and RO on a momentary button. Refug light, maintenance mode, and em mode on latched outputs. I’ll have to see the post to see what he was referring to.

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I figured it out with the sellers help. It turns out the toggle switches require power to work. It requires a usb C to usb A cable. I was using USB C to USB C, which didn't work. Once I used the correct cable it worked right away. I wasn't testing using the push buttons because I couldn't reach my PC to refresh the page while I pushed a button to test.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back