Apex Temp sensor question

crny1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I purchased a unused apex temp sensor locally from a fellow reefer via facebook. I am not home and my son picked it up for me. I asked him to plug it in and he told me that the temp sensor has a 1/8" audio style jack on it. The apex has a telephone type plug. Is there a module that uses the 1/8" style jack for temp probe? I am unaware if there is a module that accepts it. Just wondering if maybe this isnt a actual apex temp sensor.
Thanks in advance.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I purchased a unused apex temp sensor locally from a fellow reefer via facebook. I am not home and my son picked it up for me. I asked him to plug it in and he told me that the temp sensor has a 1/8" audio style jack on it. The apex has a telephone type plug. Is there a module that uses the 1/8" style jack for temp probe? I am unaware if there is a module that accepts it. Just wondering if maybe this isnt a actual apex temp sensor.
Thanks in advance.

No apex temperature sensor has a AUX style connector, unfortunately.

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Thanks in advance.

Is it a 1/8" or the smaller 3/32" size?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Optical sensor has male phono plug; maybe that’s what you got. I’m unaware that the temperature probe ever used anything other than the mini phone plug.

OP
OP
C

crny1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will not be home till Thursday but I am pretty sure it wasnt for a apex as advertised. Good thing it was only $20 if he decides not to refund me!

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will not be home till Thursday but I am pretty sure it wasnt for a apex as advertised. Good thing it was only $20 if he decides not to refund me!

It may be for the aquacontroller II and AC III pro.

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to Hijack this thread but a question that may help someone. Does it matter in which order you type the Alarm programming? (See Below) I have a high quality heater with digital readout and control and using my Apex as a safety limiter.
Question is: Does 2 need to be typed before 3 in order for it to function properly?
1. Set OFF
2. If Tmp > 78.0 Then ON
3. If Tmp < 76.4 Then ON

Last edited:

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to Hijack this thread but a question that may help someone. Does it matter in which order you type the Alarm programming? (See Below) I have a high quality heater with digital readout and control and using my Apex as a safety limiter.
Question is: Does 2 need to be typed before 3 in order for it to function properly?
1. Set OFF
2. If Tmp > 78.0 Then ON
3. If Tmp < 76.4 Then ON
You have two ON statements. Line 2 should be If Tmp > 78.0 Then OFF
Doesn't matter which order.

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have two ON statements. Line 2 should be If Tmp > 78.0 Then OFF
Doesn't matter which order.

This is an alarm statement. Both "ON" makes the alarm trigger if temperature is too low or too high when the "Mode" is normally OFF. The question was whether if they needed to be in an order from the low temperature to a high temperature. I tested this last night and it performed correctly though so case closed :)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an alarm statement. Both "ON" makes the alarm trigger if temperature is too low or too high when the "Mode" is normally OFF. The question was whether if they needed to be in an order from the low temperature to a high temperature. I tested this last night and it performed correctly though so case closed :)
Sorry, I missed the "Alarm" part.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back