Apex Temp Setting

BCRIBS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts on these two charts?

Chart 1: I had the finnex controlling temp and used the apex as a fail safe:

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 11.20.26 AM.png

Chart 2: Apex controlling it between a .5 degree tolerance. Not sure what is better for the corals.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 11.20.43 AM.png

Chart 2 looks more intense to me. But because it is staying within .5 degrees most of the time maybe it doesn't matter?

Medic755

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Finnex 300W titanium heater as well. I have it set to +- 0.5 degrees of my set point. I didn't want to hear the mechanical click on the Apex either, plus I have smaller equipment that needs those switches so I plugged it into outlet 1.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That first graph doesn't really show signs of a heater in operation. All I see are typical swings, peaking in the late afternoon and at the lowest in the morning. It looks to me that the slow ramps up and down are the effects of what could be lighting heating the water. Look at the overall cooling trend. That's not indicative of a heater being present and operating. What was the temperature setting on the heater at that time? The only time in that period I see what might be a heater kicking on is about noon on the 26th, but that's iffy because of the rapid drop before that sharp rise.

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to run my tank on the warmer side I guess, My tank stays between 79.5 and 80.0 I use a 1000 Watt Titanium Heater for about 150 gallons of water volume.

skynite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what does the statement "if Tmp <RT+0.0 Then ON" mean, specifically what does RT+0.0 mean?

thx

skynite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a reply in the Apex forum that the above statement "RT+0.0" is for temperature in a seasonal table probably provided by APEX?... I still researching this table. I'll probably end up using the table if the temps in the table meets my needs.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back