Apex Toggle Switch Help Please

sudman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am using a 3 way toggle switch to trigger profile 1 and profile 2 which are assigned to the variable speed ports on my Kessil lights . Usually these are managed by a table, but if I turn on the switch I want it to trigger Value X on Profile 1 and overide the table And Value Y on Profile 2 and overide the table as well. Is this possible ?

When I go into the profile and add code, then hit save, exit and return after a few moments into the advanced section of the profile, my code seems to be gone ?

Thank you !

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am using a 3 way toggle switch to trigger profile 1 and profile 2 which are assigned to the variable speed ports on my Kessil lights . Usually these are managed by a table, but if I turn on the switch I want it to trigger Value X on Profile 1 and overide the table And Value Y on Profile 2 and overide the table as well. Is this possible ?

When I go into the profile and add code, then hit save, exit and return after a few moments into the advanced section of the profile, my code seems to be gone ?

Thank you !

Hi. If I correctly understand what you're trying to do, the place to override a profile is not in the profile configuration, but rather by adding a line referencing the switch or virtual outlet in the Basic View page of the variable output's configuration tile. Just add a line to the end of the config, after the tdata, that references the switch or virtual output. For example,

If SwitchA CLOSED Then 40

will set that variable out at 40% whenever SwitchA is closed. Open the switch, and the variable out resumes normal programming.

You can use the same switch for other variable out tiles as well.

You can also create simple virtual outputs to act like switches when used on your Apex desktop and through Amazon Echo. This is particularly effective with Radions because the Apex has built-in profile programming for them, but can also be used with Kessils. (Won't work with AI Hydras, though.)

For example, you might create a profile called 'Blues' that turns on only blue and uv lights to show off the fluorescence of your corals to friends. Then create a virtual output named 'DeepBlue', put it on your desktop and set up an Echo alias for it; it's only programming line is Set OFF. Then add a line to the variable out tile of your lights:

If Output DeepBlue = ON then Blues

Now whenever you toggle that output to on, either on your Fusion dash or through Echo, your lights will go to blue; toggle it off, lights return to the program. Like this:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sudman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. If I correctly understand what you're trying to do, the place to override a profile is not in the profile configuration, but rather by adding a line referencing the switch or virtual outlet in the Basic View page of the variable output's configuration tile. Just add a line to the end of the config, after the tdata, that references the switch or virtual output. For example,

If SwitchA CLOSED Then 40

will set that variable out at 40% whenever SwitchA is closed. Open the switch, and the variable out resumes normal programming.

You can use the same switch for other variable out tiles as well.

You can also create simple virtual outputs to act like switches when used on your Apex desktop and through Amazon Echo. This is particularly effective with Radions because the Apex has built-in profile programming for them, but can also be used with Kessils. (Won't work with AI Hydras, though.)

For example, you might create a profile called 'Blues' that turns on only blue and uv lights to show off the fluorescence of your corals to friends. Then create a virtual output named 'DeepBlue', put it on your desktop and set up an Echo alias for it; it's only programming line is Set OFF. Then add a line to the variable out tile of your lights:

If Output DeepBlue = ON then Blues

Now whenever you toggle that output to on, either on your Fusion dash or through Echo, your lights will go to blue; toggle it off, lights return to the program. Like this:

Thank you so much for your help!! I think the problem actually turned out to be that i was using the word Moon which is a reserved word. Changing the wording to Night Fixed it !!!! Really appreciate your help and time.

upload_2019-1-13_21-25-15.png

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I see zombie helped you out over on the Neptune forum. :)

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes indeed !

He and RussM over there are extremely knowledgeable. (Although I knew I should have asked for more info before answering, I had a feeling something important was missing - Always go with your spidey-sense!)

Any switch name that starts with a system word like 'Moon', 'Sun', 'Set', 'Outlet', 'Defer', etc will cause problems. I should have picked up on that when you said your code wasn't going through correctly. :)

OP
OP
S

sudman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He and RussM over there are extremely knowledgeable. (Although I knew I should have asked for more info before answering, I had a feeling something important was missing - Always go with your spidey-sense!)

Any switch name that starts with a system word like 'Moon', 'Sun', 'Set', 'Outlet', 'Defer', etc will cause problems. I should have picked up on that when you said your code wasn't going through correctly. :)

Thank you !!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back