DOS vFeed code to run multiple profiles in series

Evaninme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any ideas on simplifying the code?

Objective is to have vfeed virtual outlet that easily allows me to schedule/modify DOS feedings of refridgerated liquid food mixture. This specific food mixture will settle, so I want to mix
it by spinning the DOS in reverse at high speed to introduce air bubbles to mix things up before pulling food mixture into display. Having multiple DOS profiles (dos_bubbles and Mysis_in) to run in series was a little difficult for me to get working, and I think I made it more complicated than it needs to be and is a little clunky, but it works.

Timing of using DOS to feed Mysis from Mini Fridge
1. Mysis_vfeed turns on at 19:00 and stays on for 2 minutes
2. Return pump and skimmers turn off when Mysis_vfeed is on and stay off long enough with their own defer statements to let feeding finish
3. Mysis_Start and Mysis_Stop both start when Mysis_vfeed turns on, but defer different times leaving a 2 minute difference.
4. Mysis_Run is ON in the 2 minute differential betweend Mysis_Start and Mysis_Stop
5. Mysis_Add
a. defaults to Mysis_Out profile which runs DOS in reverse at high speed to clear the line of food
b. When Mysis_vfeed is on, but before Mysis_Run is on, the DOS profile dos_bubbles runs in reverse at high speed which will put bubles into food resevoir to stir up food
c. When Mysis_Run is on the DOS profile Mysis_In runs to pull food from resevoir
d. After the Mysis_In profile has finished, the output reset to the begining which is set to run the Mysis_Out profile to clear the line

[Mysis_vfeed]
Set OFF
If Time 19:00 to 19:01 Then ON
Defer 001:00 Then OFF

[Mysis_Start]
Set OFF
If Output Mysis_vFeed = ON Then ON
Defer 001:00 Then OFF

[Mysis_Stop]
Set OFF
If Output Mysis_vFeed = ON Then ON
Defer 003:00 Then OFF

[Mysis_Run]
Set OFF
If Output Mysis_Stop = ON Then ON
If Output Mysis_Start = ON Then OFF

[Mysis_Add]
Fallback OFF
Set Mysis_Out
If Output Mysis_vFeed = ON Then dos_bubles
If Output Mysis_Run = ON Then Mysis_In

TIA
Larry

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back