Apex Trident Alkalinity Reading 0

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Apex Trident. My reading with it have been fine until today when it started registering alkalinity as 0 consistently. I am trying to figure out how to fix this to get it reading it the right way again. My alkalinity at 1am today was at 12.92 so I do not believe that my alkalinity dropped and that its something mechanical with the trident and i am trying to figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Apex Trident. My reading with it have been fine until today when it started registering alkalinity as 0 consistently. I am trying to figure out how to fix this to get it reading it the right way again. My alkalinity at 1am today was at 12.92 so I do not believe that my alkalinity dropped and that its something mechanical with the trident and i am trying to figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
There's a post about faulty tridents and self-maintenance posted on BRS Facebook Group either late yesterday or earlier today. One of the Apex people responded to it, you should go have a look, I think it was dealing with overall accuracy and not necessarily just Alk

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just reset my regeant to act like it was a new one and ran a test and it was fine. Very odd

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My suggestion is to submit a support ticket first. I'd do that now that way they will reach out to you tomorrow morning.

Do the other measurements read 0?
Have you tried to run a manual alk test?

Regardless of those I would get a ticket sent off first then start the troubleshooting after. I've personally not seen that happen before other than my waste being full but even then it didn't test.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back