APEX - updated firmware - resetting every minute or so

gobeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I updated my Apex firmware - I have a classic apex controller. Since the update, my controller has been in an endless cycle of reboot/resetting. From the APEX display (that comes with the system) the message indicates that it's not communicating with Fusion. In between the resets I am able to see the controller and readouts - any thoughts? It appeared that the Firmware upload went fine.

Detroit Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try updating same version of firmware again? Or search in your downloads if you have the previous version still around to install

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would place the computer that you are using in safemode with networking. then upload the firmware again and make sure to use wired direct connection. wired computer to router and wired apex with same router. then upload firmware and webpage. if that fails try older firmware.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 buttons to clicks, the FW and the web pages. The web pages may fail and you need to redo the pages update if that fails and I have seen that happen...
Fusion disconnect is another issue and sometimes it's the web server, not the apex base...

I have done many firmware upgrade on the classic and I just hook up the apex base to the laptop and turn off the WiFi.no need to do safe mode but that is just me..never had a problem yet...knock on woods

OP
OP
gobeach

gobeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All - thanks for your responses. I stumbled upon the fix as I was perusing the Neptune Systems support forum. There was an odd discussion about the IP address for the APEX and DHCP setting. I noticed that the IP Address for my APEX had changed after the update, so I turned of DHCP and set the IP address back to what it had been set to before the update. Everything seems to be working fine now. It was a tense couple of hours though...

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back