APEX - updated firmware - resetting every minute or so

  • Thread starter Thread starter gobeach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gobeach

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
251
Reaction score
58
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I updated my Apex firmware - I have a classic apex controller. Since the update, my controller has been in an endless cycle of reboot/resetting. From the APEX display (that comes with the system) the message indicates that it's not communicating with Fusion. In between the resets I am able to see the controller and readouts - any thoughts? It appeared that the Firmware upload went fine.
 
Try updating same version of firmware again? Or search in your downloads if you have the previous version still around to install
 
i would place the computer that you are using in safemode with networking. then upload the firmware again and make sure to use wired direct connection. wired computer to router and wired apex with same router. then upload firmware and webpage. if that fails try older firmware.
 
There are 2 buttons to clicks, the FW and the web pages. The web pages may fail and you need to redo the pages update if that fails and I have seen that happen...
Fusion disconnect is another issue and sometimes it's the web server, not the apex base...

I have done many firmware upgrade on the classic and I just hook up the apex base to the laptop and turn off the WiFi.no need to do safe mode but that is just me..never had a problem yet...knock on woods
 
All - thanks for your responses. I stumbled upon the fix as I was perusing the Neptune Systems support forum. There was an odd discussion about the IP address for the APEX and DHCP setting. I noticed that the IP Address for my APEX had changed after the update, so I turned of DHCP and set the IP address back to what it had been set to before the update. Everything seems to be working fine now. It was a tense couple of hours though...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new